Today I found something that will help me continue to improve my station's grounding. I buried a couple of 8 foot ground rods outside of the shack before I started all of this traveling, but I've been unhappy with the piece of crap MFJ window pass-through that I bought a while back. The puny grounding screw is a joke, as is the rest of the assembly. I should have known better. When I opened the box I saw that the darn plate that contains all the coax connectors and grounding screw was placed cock-eyed across the piece of wood. If they can't get that square, what do you expect? I should have sent it back right then.
Anyway, while working today on a temperature controller I kept stepping on something that was laying in the floor. At first glance I thought it was a slat of wood. But after kicking it out of the way, I heard a distinctive 'clunk'. It was metallic. A closer inspection revealed that it was a 6" by 18" piece of solid copper. Its about 3/8 thick too. This will be ideal for a central grounding plate to tie all of my equipment too. The people who work there said it came out of a large generator and told me to take it. I quickly got it out of sight before they changed their mind :)
I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger and buy the assembly that I'd seen online now!